- Other policies applying to our services
- Telqom Canada customers
- Telqom Canada email marketing policy
- Changing this policy
In this policy
- “we” or “Telqom Canada” means Telqom Canada corporation or any related Telqom Canada company providing you with our services
- “you” means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website
- “services” means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website
2. Other policies applying to our services
If you are just surfing and reading information on our website, then we collect and store the following information about your visit
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
- the date and time you are visiting
- the URLs of the pages you visit
- if you provide it, your email address
We use that information to measure the number of visitors to different parts of the site and, for example, to measure the effectiveness of advertising. Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose information about individual machines except for the reasons set out below in this section.
We do not sell information which identifies you personally.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
If you choose to provide us with personal information such as your email address, for example by filling out an electronic query or order form, we will use the information only for the purposes that you authorised. Email marketing will only be sent to your email address if you have given your consent. Personal information will be stored and used in accordance with Telqom Canada’s Terms and Conditions. To update your personal information such as billing address you can contact us by email, or call us on 0800 875 690.
When signing in or shopping online, look for the ‘padlock’ symbol at the bottom of your web browser. The ‘padlock’ symbol is a certificate of authenticity and ensures the site is secure. You can double-click the padlock symbol to view the certificate’s details.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the most accepted way of ensuring the security of transmitted information to and from Internet sites worldwide. On our site, it operates when you complete and send forms, but not while you are simply surfing the site. We are using SSL with VeriSign Authentication Certificates with RC4 128 bit encryption.
Telqom Canada’s website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer. A “cookie” is a file which allows Telqom Canada to track and target the interests of users. While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of the site, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. (The management of cookies will be different depending on each user’s PC – refer to your browser help menu for further information).
6. Telqom Canada customers
If you are a Telqom Canada customer, Telqom Canada’s Terms and Conditions apply to your use of Telqom Canada services. Choose the Terms and Conditions that refer to the Telqom Canada service you use. The relevant Terms and Conditions set out our commitments to you regarding collecting, holding and using information about you.
7. Telqom Canada email marketing policy
Telqom Canada exercises responsible email marketing practices and as such adheres to the strict guidelines set out by the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Consent – Either Express, Inferred or Deemed consent is required in order to be added to any email marketing communications.
- Sender Information – We clearly state when any email communications is sent by Telqom Canada to ensure all recipients know who the email is from.
- Unsubscribe – All marketing email communication includes the ability to unsubscribe from future marketing communications if desired.
All Telqom Canada email communication is compliant with CAN-SPAM requirements as well as international anti-SPAM standards.
If any recipient would like to unsubscribe they are able to do so either from the email itself or alternatively via telephone. If the recipient wishes to unsubscribe via telephone they will be required to provide sufficient authorisation in order to do so.
For any recipient who has accidentally unsubscribed and would like to opt in to Telqom Canada email communications, they can do so via telephone. A verification process will need to be followed to ensure recipients making such a request are authorised to do so.
If you have difficulty unsubscribing from a client’s email campaigns using any of the methods above please call us on 123.
8. Changing this policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our website. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the website.